Monday, December 29, 2014

Hot Chocolate Party

Amidst the constant chaos of raising children of multiple ages, I find it is necessary to take time to create intentional memories. Nothing expensive in most cases since simple is almost always best. Things that you can easily recreate year after year no matter what your circumstances or budget demands happen to be.
One of these intentional memories in recent years has been what I have come to call our yearly hot chocolate party. Yes, the kids get hot chocolate fairly regularly in the winter around here. In fact, I think I have a few kids who only go outside to play in the snow because they are hoping for hot chocolate when they come back in. 5 minutes later.  Sigh. But once or twice during the winter I try to add something a little special to it. Whipped cream, sprinkles, something. And just pull it all out for no reason. Just because is often the best reason out there.
This year we had whipped cream and marshmallow topped peppermint sticks. And 9 happy kids. And the hope that just maybe my older kids and my younger kids will grow up with common memories to bond them together over the years.

No comments: