Saturday, July 12, 2014

Meal Plan

I am only cooking for 8 this week. This will be very odd. And my biggest helpers in the kitchen will be gone so I'll actually have to do most of the cooking this week. Again, very odd. Yes, I believe in teaching the children to cook from a very early age. We're talking necessary life skills here folks. Besides, you know those lean years when your grocery budget is smaller than thinkable? If you know how to truly cook before you hit those years, you will not have to live on ramen. So I figure I'm doing the kids a service as well by making sure they know how to use dried beans, bake bread, make jam, make broths and homemade soups, yogurt, and use the crockpots to make some serious dinner magic.

S: bagels and donuts (B), sandwiches (L), steak, peppers and onions, zucchini (D)
M: bacon cheddar muffins, fruit (B), lunch out while grocery shopping (L), pulled pork, coleslaw (D)
T: eggs and toast (B), sandwiches (L), taco salad (D)
W: oatmeal (B), leftovers (L), baked potato bar (D)
T: yogurt, fruit, granola (B), sandwiches (L), hot dogs (D)
F: pumpkin bread (B), leftovers (L), pasta salad, fruit salad, etc (D)
S: not sure yet

We should have the new oven both delivered and installed by the end of the day on Thursday. May I say I am slightly looking forward to it?

No comments: