Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Spiritual Dryness

Dark night of the soul. These are the words that have been bouncing around me head for the past few days.  The only way I could think to explain how I've been feeling lately.  Just spiritually dry, empty, alone. Praying constantly but not hearing or feeling anything back.  Debating reading said book but that requires finding a decent free kindle edition and most of the reviews for the kindle editions are lackluster.  Then while discussing some current issues regarding our parish and how they are impacting me spiritually, my friend used those same words. Ok, I get it. God is trying to tell me something there but I'm still not sure what.  So I'm just asking for prayers for me while I sort these things out. Prayers for an increasingly difficult and frustrating situation with regards to church as well. Nope, I can't really give any details. A few of you already know or have an idea. Just prayers please because things are likely going to get worse before they get better.

No comments: