Sunday, December 15, 2013

Meal Plan

The fun part of this week's meal plan is the Boy Scout potluck/Christmas dinner on Wednesday.  I just might have pointed out when the information came out that the past 3 years, there has not been enough food at this event. We're talking the food runs out before everyone is served anything.  Seriously.  I might have asked if we could provide extra to compensate for this.  Instead, the list was revamped and folks were asked to actually bring enough food to serve at least 10 people.  I'm just going to say it: who are these people who go to pot lucks and only bring along enough food for 4? Seriously, I'm wondering. Especially when you are trying to feed a room full of teen aged boys.  So to anyone in their troop who is irked that the food list got redone, please feel free to blame me. But hey, with 3 boys in the troop, we always brought extras anyway and still plan to do so this week.

M: eggs and toast (B), chicken and gnocchi soup (D)
T: oatmeal (B), salsa verde steak (D)
W: yogurt, granola, fruit (B), Boy Scout dinner (D)
T: crock pot breakfast casserole (B), Italian sausage pasta sauce (D)
F: muffins or banana bread or something of the like (B), chicken parm soup (D)

2 comments:

Dirtdartwife said...

I always bring enough to feed my family twice over to potlucks. I have never liked that adage of "bring enough to feed your family therefore if everyone does that, then we'll have enough." Never fails that it doesn't happen like that. Ever.

Cheryl said...

I always do the same. Enough to feed twice the people in our family. This year we brought enough to feed 4 times our family (two dishes, I decided not to do 3). And this year there was actually enough food for everyone. So hopefully the change was appreciated and I was not looked upon as an annoyance.