Tuesday, November 5, 2013

My Response to That Popular Blog Post Marriage Isn't For You

If you travel the Catholic blog-o-sphere, you've likely seen that post on Marriage Isn't For You. And on some level I like it and understand why so many folks are sharing it.  Yes, we must look at marriage from a different view point than the one society is selling.  But there is another part of me that just read it and thought "You're newlyweds. You're in love. God Bless you. You know nothing."

And neither do we really. Other than just keep trucking and praying and pulling each other along for the ride.

1 comment:

Dirtdartwife said...

oh my gosh... I haven't laughed so hard... that's hilarious. That would by my husband... head low, scarfing down food, spitting out pithy and hilarious one liners when he got the chance to talk.

I liked that article just for the sense that it talks of giving. Too many couples that get married today think that everything has to be easy-peasy, lemon squeezy and all things are 50%. And no, when we got married, we weren't delusional to believe something like that. (than again, I married into a lifestyle that I already knew was going to be very unequal, so I can't even claim ignorance.)

But yep... keep praying, keep trucking along... give and not count the costs, and above all, love. Love like hell till it hurts. :)