Tuesday, November 5, 2013

If You Are Properly Equipped

Just because this is my day today. We have some water leaking from an upstairs bathroom, through the ceiling, into the kitchen. Of course it is not the toilet or sink because those are easy to turn off at the source. Ask me how many times I've had to do that for various repairs because these things rarely happen when Alan is home and I just refuse to be the kind of wife who doesn't know how to turn the water off to major areas of the house.  It annoys me when women act like that. But anyway. . .

So we have to turn the water off to the entire house. But since getting hooked up to city water, this process is more complicated than it was before. With the well lines, you just flipped a switch. So easy in fact that on one occasion the then 2-year-old child did it without me noticing. Until we ran out of water a bit later. When Alan was gone, of course. That was an interesting phone call for guidance at 10:00 at night. "Hey, we seem to have no water but nothing is wrong with the well. What should I check? What a sec. Gabe was in here earlier today.  Ugh, the darn kid turned the water off."

So I have given the following instructions to the children: if you are properly equipped, please go pee outside for the rest of the day. So right now my children are out back digging a latrine.  Because apparently everyone is properly equipped and we can't just go pee on a tree.  Love my kids, really I do.

1 comment:

Dirtdartwife said...

hell yeah everyone is properly equipped! ahahahahahaha! Hey, both Adam and Eve peed outside. :) :)

I look for circuit breakers and water main shut off valves as soon as I walk into a new house.

Your kids are amazing. And hilarious. :)