Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Day 5

Today I am thankful for the teenaged boy who learned how to fill the gas tank tonight. For purely selfish reasons I must admit.  This winter when it is cold and dreary and miserable out, I can send him to put gas in the van.  Tee hee!  Ok, I'm thankful for him for many many more reasons than that (and yes, I do believe kids can learn to put gas in the car before they turn 16 but NY state says it is illegal to allow them to do so).

This oldest child of ours is a tremendous help, a wonderful big brother, has a kind heart, and a gentle spirit.  Gabe thinks he is the best thing in the world and Bryan still tolerates Gabe hanging on him, even when he wishes he wouldn't.  Ellie thinks of him as another grown up and runs to him for hugs when he arrives home.  He'll sit in the hall and serve as nap time guard, he can make chicken soup from scratch, he's even been known to make bread from scratch. Now if we can only help him get over his algebra phobia but I think that is something he inherited from his Dad and sometimes heredity is a hard nut to crack.

I'm blessed by the man he has become and look forward to seeing where his future takes him.

1 comment:

Dirtdartwife said...

I take advantage of the fact that my oldest looks 16... because she fills the tank as I run inside for snacks. :)

And I've said it for many, many, many years... your oldest is a GREAT kid that has grown into an outstanding young man. I'm thankful for being blessed to have been able to watch him grow up. :)