Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Day 26

I have finally found it. A simple, easy recipe for granola. One that requires few ingredients, minimal cooking time, all the family loves, and is easy to change a wee bit if you actually have extra ingredients in the house. Ok, first I found a simple recipe, then I changed it.

Yes, that is what I am thankful for today. So here's the latest version being used in this house.  It SHOULD provide the kids with enough for two meals but in reality, it usually gets eaten in one day between breakfast and the littlest lady sneaking into the pantry to shove more into her mouth every chance she gets.

3/4 cup of honey
3/4 cup of oil (I imagine you can substitute melted butter but I haven't tired that yet)
1 TBS vanilla (or whatever I feel like putting in)
2 tsp of cinnamon (or as much as I shake out of the jar)
8 cups of rolled oats

Mix the first 4 ingredients together, pour over the oats. Mix well.  Spread in baking pans and cook at 300 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring every so often.

The version made tonight had a cup of sunflower seeds thrown in as well.

No comments: