Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Day 19

Yes, I forgot to do this yesterday but let's just pretend. I am thankful for the ability to be productive. I managed to get most of school done with the 7 older kids, 3 loads of laundry, dishwasher ran I think 3 times, yogurt was made, 2 batches of detergent were made, granola was made, dinner was even made, and I spent some time on the treadmill.  Thankful that I am able to actually do these things because this time last year I could not.  Alan would walk me down the stairs in the morning, leave me on the couch, and head to work. The older children pretty much kept everything running for weeks, no, months because I was physically unable to do much of anything. I could not walk back up the stairs. I could not make dinner. I could not chase down a toddler getting into trouble. For a few weeks we had dinner brought every so often. For a few weeks, a friend took the older boys to scouts. For the first week after Isabel's death, we had family here to help. After that we were on our own. And it wasn't until February or March that I really started feeling just a bit better physically. Since I was not up to being alone with the little ones, I would still drive the older boys to scouts and karate and sit and read a book.  I managed to pretend and keep things going for the meetings and such things we had at home but it usually cost me a day or so in bed after.  So I'm thankful that this year I am able to be productive and do things this year. Even if I would really prefer to be doing almost anything other than the laundry.

No comments: