- after 3 and a half hours, Ellie's diaper will leak, even if you are in the middle of the hardware store
- holding the nails while a two-year-old swings a hammer is fun
- the children think it's ok to remove the batteries from the freezer alarm when they can't find other ones in the house
- without the freezer alarm, you won't notice that the freezer is slowly defrosting
- the thought of almost 200 lbs of meat needing to be salvaged is a scary one (thankfully said crisis was averted and only the meat on the top shelf had to be cooked)
- when the sheep escape and wander in to the road, someone just might pull into the driveway to suggest you go retrieve them
So what have you learned today?