Saturday, August 17, 2013

Minions and Movie Night

The other night at dinner Alan made some sort of comment about Nedry and taking down the fences and we realized our children have no clue what we are talking about when we make such references to movies that we watched growing up.  Although Alan says I did ruin said movie for him because I said it was ok to see the movie before reading the book. Not sure I remember saying that because frankly, the book is always better than the movie.  Hunger Games anyone? Seriously, that movie was just a pale comparison of the book and left out so much of the very, very important parts of the story and how things get to be the way they are in the future books.  Sigh. I digress here.
So after finding out that neither Netflix nor Amazon offer Jurassic Park as a streaming no-pay option, I checked the libraries. Here is where I have learned once again that although the Chili library is bigger, the Mumford library wins hands-down for family movie night selections and awesome customer service.  Seriously, I want to take that librarian home with me, she is so nice.  Deviating again from said subject. Sorry. So after picking Sean up from work on Friday, we stopped at the Mumford library and picked up all 3 Jurassic Park movies for a killer movie marathon tonight. Ok, they won't see all of them tonight I'm thinking. We might have to do the third one tomorrow but I can live with that.
And every movie marathon needs a cool snack. So we are having Minion cupcakes. I admit, I'd planned to make these and watch Despicable Me at first but then the movie reference thing happened and the rest is history.  These little things are awesome. Easy to make and the kids were in awe of them. The most expensive part was the Twinkies but I figure we can do that every so often.  So what are you doing for movie night in your house? Seriously, give me some creative ideas.

No comments: