Sunday, June 2, 2013

Meal Plan

This will be a try to keep the house cool edition of the meal plan. It has cooled down today and should hopefully stay cooler over the next day or so but I am still hoping I can avoid turning the oven on as much as possible.

M: egg sandwiches (B), chicken salad (L), sloppy joes in the crock pot for the kids, date night for Mom and Dad and I'm not sure what we will be making yet (D)
T: oatmeal (B), grilled cheese (L), beef teriyaki with pineapple (D)
W: cranberry bread and fruit (B), tuna sandwiches (L), pork chops and rice (D)
T: eggs (B), leftovers (L), I have heard talk of a Boy Scout picnic we are expected to attend so I will assume we will be there and are required to bring drinks (D)
F: vanilla muffins and apple butter because I have a ton of it in the pantry that we keep forgetting to bring upstairs during the year and yet I know I'll make more in the fall because it is delicious (B), sandwiches or leftovers depending on the state of the fridge (L), chicken satay because we still haven't pulled it out of the freezer because we keep ending up planning it on a night when life goes crazy (D)

I really need to get back to planning snacks and such things because that is where the budget often takes a hit. Nectarines and bananas must be eaten first, we have some baby carrots, I might make rice crispy treats assuming all the ingredients are still in the house, I'm fairly certain the kids have already eaten all of the snack type things I brought home from the store on Friday so those are out, watermelon will be eaten this week as well.

No comments: