Sunday, May 26, 2013

Meal Plan

This is the I feel like I am going a wee bit crazy edition of the meal plan. The children are cleaning out the last of the leftovers from the fridge for dinner tonight so at least we will start with a clean slate. I need to spend some time getting a ton of asparagus and some rhubarb into the freezer tonight (or maybe I'll be nice and turn the rhubarb into a dessert for tomorrow).  I am lacking inspiration of any kind which is not good when you need to actually plan something.

The only thing I can say for certain is I need more sleep and this week will be busy.  I just might have started plotting against the birds outside and the awful thing is when I told Alan I was debating finding a BB gun to use to chase off the birds at 5:00 every morning, he told me exactly where one was located. So just maybe he's getting annoyed with them as well. Yup, we need more sleep.

Don't you just love how I ramble all over the place and cover everything but the meal plan? Liam cracks me up. The sheep got out again and he went off after one yelling "Here Lamb Chop."  At least the boy is realistic about where the animals will end up.

M: muffins (and I should say fruit but I think the kids ate it all) (B), chicken satay (for real this time, I promise) (D)
T: Bryan's birthday so his choice
W: cereal (B), pork chops (D)
T: eggs (B), meatloaf (D)
F: oatmeal (B), soup (D)

3 comments:

Dirtdartwife said...

*snort* I like how you missed lunch. :) :)

go get those berries and start some jam! :) :)

Cheryl said...

Berries around here won't be ready for another month. None of the ones on our property are growing yet. I see lots of blooms but no fruit yet. Our strawberry plants seem to be doing ok so far so I'm hoping those will survive this year. I hope. And I do still have a stash of jam and jelly in the basement. Lunches will be sandwiches or leftovers or whatever I decide at the last minute. Maybe english muffin pizzas if they aren't too old.

Cheryl said...

Every year I turn our grapes in jelly. I really should try juice or syrup with some of them this year. And when you make applesauce, save the peels and cores, stick them in the crockpot with some water, cook on low over night to get out all the juice. Use that to make apple jelly. Yes, I'm a tad cheap.