Friday, March 1, 2013

It's a Good Day

Today is a good day. This is what I have decided.  The 5-year-old and 9-year-old have shoveled part of the driveway for me (I'm choosing to ignore the snow shovels I can see abandoned in the driveway from my window). The two-year-old is napping in my bed and the three-year-old is napping in his bed. The 13-year-old seems to be sick again and is napping as well but was a great help at the grocery store today doing all the work for me. I managed to say below our $150 grocery budget for the next two weeks and we have more than enough food to keep us happy.  Yes, the house is a mess but it means we have so much stuff that we don't know where to put it all and that means we are blessed. The insurance company just finally paid that last of the ambulance bills from November which means we can now breathe a sigh of relief of put the medical bills behind us. And, hey, they paid them after saying they wouldn't and I didn't even have to spend hours on the phone and get rude about it. One teenager got new shoes today and our recent vacation is already completely paid off.  Yes, I am happy right now.

No comments: