Sunday, February 3, 2013

Meal Plan

Before making up the meal plan for this week, I spent some time getting a basic inventory of the pantry stockpile so that I'd have a better idea of what needed to be used up a bit.  Yes, I'm one of those crazy people who believe in maintaining a stockpile at home. Nothing excessive but I really attempt to keep a 3 month supply of most things in the house at all times.  This honestly allows me to take the best advantage of sales, coupons, and free deals because I can wait instead of having to buy things full price.  This week I managed to get all of the following for free: 2 cans of chicken broth, 2 cans of ro-tel tomatoes, 3 frozen pizzas, 3 bottles of soda, and one bag of frozen vegetables.  Many other items were available for a huge discount with coupons as well.  Have I ever mentioned how much I like getting envelopes of coupons from folks who aren't using them?  Yup, makes my day.  Anyway, back to the meal plan.

S: pumpkin bread (B), chili (D)
M: baked oatmeal (B), buffalo chicken pasta (D)
T: eggs (B), cheesesteak sandwiches (D)
W: cereal (B), chicken and potatoes (D)
T: blueberry bread (B), tacos or taco salad (D)
F: eggs (B), bean and rice burritos (D)
S: French toast (B), pizza (D)

No comments: