Thursday, March 17, 2011

Homemade Marshmallows

This is absolutely not something I can say I did to save money.  Marshmallows from the store are super cheap.  It is rather something I did just so I could say "Hey, guess what I made" and I am totally ok with that.  Besides, what better way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day than with something green?
I used this recipe and am very happy with the results.  Dyed them green for the holiday.  No, it did not turn into the big sticky mess that I was anticipating and was really rather easy.  I did stop the mixer just a tad early because I was worried about the motor burning out.  Yes, this experiment did prove to us that our mixer seems to be on it's last legs.  Don't try this recipe if you only have a hand mixer, I've heard it has been known to kill those motors very easily.  I am hoping to make these again for the kids' Easter baskets and dip them in chocolate.  That sounds absolutely perfect to me.

No comments: